Since 2002, we have advanced many state-level policies and secured millions in funding to support programs that reduce health disparities, prevent chronic disease, and promote health. We invite you to view our priorities, join our listserv, attend a meeting, and become a member to join us is ensuring all North Carolinians have the opportunity to attain their highest level of health.
Healthy Food Access
Our healthy food access successes include:
- Nearly $100 million in state funding to support healthy food access programs during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Elimination of the reduced-price lunch copay
- Creation of the Healthy Food Small Retailer Program
- $750,000 in funding for the Healthy Food Small Retailer Program
- Working to reduce the number of prohibitions on SNAP waivers for which the state is permitted to apply
- Improved statewide standards addressing nutrition in early care and education settings
- Convening the North Carolina Healthy Food Retail Task Force, which proposed 8 policy recommendations for addressing healthy food access in North Carolina
The strength of our coalition lies in the diversity and breadth of our partners.
We invite you to become a member of the North Carolina Alliance for Health and join us in advancing equitable policies.