Dear NCAH Members and Partners,
With the first day of legislative short session less than one week away I wanted to update you on NCAH’s priorities this session. These priorities were approved by the membership at the March 7, 2016, membership meeting.
- Healthy Corner Store Initiative – NCAH hopes to build on the momentum from last session and pass HB 250/SB 296, The Healthy Food Small Retailer/Corner Store Act. HB 250 was passed by the full House and a $1 million appropriation was included in the House’s budget last year. NCAH, members and partners will seek the Senate’s support this year.
- To learn more about the Healthy Corner Store Initiative or to take action please click here.
- For a full list of NCAH’s obesity prevention policy priorities click here.
Tobacco Use Prevention
- You Quit, Two Quit – NCAH will be working closely with the Child Fatality Task Force and other members and partners to seek a $250,000 appropriation recurring for three years for You Quit, Two Quit, a program that helps healthcare providers connect pregnant women with tools to help them quit smoking.
- As always, NCAH will work to protect North Carolina’s smoke-free law.
- For a full list of NCAH’s tobacco use prevention policy priorities click here.
The North Carolina Alliance for Health appreciates the efforts of our members and partners in moving forward NCAH’s policy priorities. If you would like to join NCAH as a member, would like to participate in one of our policy campaigns, or have questions, please contact me at email@example.com or 919.463.8329.
I look forward to working with you in the 2016 legislative short session and beyond.
Morgan Wittman Gramann
Reminder: Next Membership Meeting
June 6, 2016
1:30pm to 3:30pm
American Heart Association
Stay tuned for updates about our new membership portal and listserv system.