The North Carolina Alliance for Health (NCAH) is an independent, nonpartisan, statewide coalition of individuals and organizations that convenes, mobilizes, supports, and empowers partners to advance equitable policies that reduce health disparities, prevent chronic disease, and promote health. The Membership Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for working in coordination with NCAH’s Executive Director and Programs Manager to develop and implement NCAH’s membership engagement strategy.
As a small, fast-moving organization, continuous feedback is an important part of our culture. Staff members work very closely with each other and NCAH’s board members, so frequent communication is critical. It is important that staff members remain flexible and are able to shift focus, as priorities change often due to the nature of the NC regulatory environment. NCAH is invested in staff as people and supports opportunities for personal and professional growth, such as continuing education opportunities and the ability to set flexible work schedules.
Work will be remote during COVID-19, and mostly remote thereafter, and the ability to be communicative and stay engaged while working remotely is vital. NCAH staff maintain a professional work environment but enjoy having fun. NCAH staff and members care about each other both personally and professionally. This work is part of who we are as people, and we often communicate with each other outside of working hours about issues relevant to our work. The Membership Engagement Coordinator must be committed to equity and the mission of NCAH.
This is a full-time, grant funded position. The salary range is $45,000-$50,000 depending on experience. The Membership Engagement Coordinator will receive paid time off (PTO). No other benefits are offered.
The anticipated start date is October 1, 2020.
- Maintains an ongoing editorial and membership engagement strategy and calendar, including development of themes and messaging aligned with organizational goals, membership engagement opportunities, fundraising opportunities, advocacy, and programmatic strategies
- Works with NCAH staff to develop engagement strategies
- Develops, coordinates, and executes an integrated communications strategy across multiple media platforms to engage and grow NCAH’s membership
- Grows audience reach and proactively manages audience engagement
- Oversees email lists and donor database using NCAH’s software tools, Mailchimp and Neon CRM
- Develops, including writing copy and designing materials, distributes, and maintains all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, ongoing email newsletters, brochures, social media, website, press releases, and annual reports
- Implements a vibrant and dynamic web presence, particularly by updating and adding to the existing website, and ensuring a consistent and engaging social media presence
- Keeps NCAH staff apprised of organizational and project specific communication, talking points, news coverage, and social media activities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A demonstrated commitment to health equity, the mission of the NC Alliance for Health, and a genuine interest in NCAH’s members and partners
- Experience in membership engagement is preferred
- Experience with a nonprofit organization is preferred
- Experience with developing content in the areas of health equity, tobacco use prevention, healthy food access, and active living is preferred
- Thorough understanding of content management, social media strategy, and communications tools, resources, and strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in WordPress, Mailchimp (or related email marketing platform), and Neon CRM (or related donor database)
- Good personal organization, time management, and planning skills
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with limited oversight
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload
- Ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise
- Dedicated team player with the ability to work effectively with diverse people
- Effective listener who seeks and accepts feedback and looks for opportunities to learn and grow in their work
- Willingness to take on new tasks as they arise and a willingness to learn new skills
- Remote work
- Ability to set flexible working schedule
- Vibrant, fun-loving team
- Supportive environment that builds on strengths and supports growth
- Regular feedback
To apply please send a brief cover letter, resume, one social post relevant to NCAH’s mission, one newsletter or related work product that is relevant to NCAH’s mission, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Membership Engagement Coordinator position” in the subject line no later than 5pm on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.Download Announcement