COMMUNICATIONS AND FUND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The North Carolina Alliance for Health (NCAH) is an independent, nonpartisan, statewide coalition of individuals and organizations that convenes and mobilizes partners to advance equitable health policies that promote wellness and prevent obesity and tobacco use. The Communications and Fund Development Coordinator will be responsible for working in coordination with NCAH’s Executive Director and Programs Manager to implement NCAH’s communications and fund development plans. This is a full-time, grant funded position.
- Oversees email lists and donor database using NC Alliance for Health’s software tools, Mail Chimp and Neon. Maintains key email groups (board, member, partner, donor), and dues and donor database.
- Sends advocacy action alerts as needed.
- Updates WordPress website with content, and blog posts.
- Develops, coordinates, and executes an integrated communications strategy across multiple media platforms to engage and grow NC Alliance for Health’s community
- Maintains an ongoing editorial strategy and calendar, including development of themes and messaging aligned with organizational goals, fundraising opportunities, advocacy and programmatic strategies
- Keeps the staff apprised of organizational and project specific communication, talking points, news coverage, and social media activities.
- Grows audience reach and proactively manage audience engagement (media, partners, members, donors, key stakeholders).
- Develops distributes, and maintains all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, ongoing email newsletters, brochures, social media, website, press releases, annual reports, includes writing copy and designing materials.
- Implements a vibrant and dynamic web presence, particularly by updating and adding to the existing website, and ensuring a consistent and engaging social media presence.
- Works with team to develop membership and fund development campaign strategies and oversees membership and fundraising appeals.
- Tracks and confirms dues and donations received with financial consultant for accurate reporting.
- Stewards relationships with members and donors by cultivating relationships, regularly sharing the work of the NC Alliance for Health with strategic and periodic updates.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- At least two years of experience in communications with progressively advancing responsibilities.
- Experience in fundraising and membership is preferred.
- Experience with a nonprofit organization is preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission of the NC Alliance for Health.
- Thorough understanding of content management, social media strategy, and communications tools, resources, and strategies.
- Experience in WordPress, Mailchimp (or related email marketing platform), Neon CRM (or related donor database), and/or demonstrated ability to learn new digital and software tools.
- Good personal organization, time management, and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload.
- Ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise.
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people.
- Dedicated team player with ability to work with staff, board, and partner organizations.
- Effective listener who seeks and accepts feedback. Looks for opportunities to learn and grow in their work.
- Based in Durham, NC with some remote work options
- Ability to set flexible working schedule
- Vibrant, fun-loving team
- Supportive environment that builds on strengths and supports growth
To apply please send a brief cover letter, resume, social media sample, additional work product of your choosing, and references to email@example.com with “Application for Communications and Fund Development Coordinator position” in the subject line no later than 5pm on Friday, January 31.