Hungry for more info on Blackism or Foodism? Check out these great books suggestions from Chef Kabui. We encourage you to use local book stores or your local library. If you choose Amazon for your purchases, consider supporting NCAH through the Amazon Smile program.
- Farming While Black by Leah Penniman (she has covered Chef Kabui’s philosophy in a section of her book)
- The Cooking Gene by Michael Twitty
- The Life of Oluaudah Equiano by Oluaudah Equiano
- The Potlikkers Pappers by Tom Edge
- Silent Spring by Jane Carson
- The Stolen Harvest by Vandana Shiva
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Niacin: The Real Story by Abram Hoffer, Andrew Saul, and Harold Foster
- An American Problem and the Modern Democracy by Gunnar Myrdal
If you missed the three part series, you can listen to all three sessions here.
Finally, if you enjoyed this series, we hope you will become a member of NCAH. Doing so supports our work and gives you access to future webinars and other resources.