We are a coalition of individuals and organizations from across North Carolina who want to advance equitable policies that reduce health disparities, prevent chronic disease, and promote health.
Our goal is to make space for all those who are directly impacted by health disparities and individuals and organizations who support our mission and vision. To sign up to receive updates, resources, meeting announcements, and more, click here.
NCAH partner meetings are held bi-monthly on the second Tuesday of the month and are open to anyone who believes in NCAH’s mission. Each partner meeting will include discussions, partner sharing, and a mini-training session or presentation on a specific topic. They are a great way to get to know people from across the state who are working on similar issues, make connections, and learn from each other. Currently, all partner meetings are held via Zoom and separate registration is required for each meeting.
- January 11: 12 pm-2 pm – We’ll be recapping 2021, previewing 2022, and having a crash course in social media and Canva! Register here.
- March 15: 12 pm-2 pm – We’ll be learning more about the NC Food Hub Collaborative and the role food hubs play in the state food system. We’ll also do a quick advocacy skills session. Register here.
- May 10: 12 pm-2 pm – We’ll be discussing policy change and the justice system. Register here.
- May 10: After Hours Partner Meeting: 6 pm-8 pm – We’ll talk about current NCAH work, current partner work, and opportunities to work together. Register here.
- July 12: 12 pm-2 pm. We’ll be discussing how our policy priorities are connected. Register here.
- September 13: 12pm-2 pm. Join us as we engage in participatory policy priority setting for 2023. Register here.
- October 11: 12 pm-2 pm. Register here.
NCAH holds coalition meetings for those interested in working on some of our main policy priorities for that year. Coalition meetings are times for networking, sharing, and education around policy priorities. Coalition meetings are also where we develop proposed policy priorities for the following year. In 2022, we will hold coalition meetings on the second Monday of each month. All coalition meetings will be held via Zoom.
During the legislative session, we will also hold weekly strategy calls to provide legislative updates and discuss advocacy strategies for active campaigns. These calls are timely and focused on immediate action for active campaigns. When you register for coalition meetings, you will also be added to our call list for weekly strategy calls during session.
Commercial Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Meetings: 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Register here.
Healthy Food Access Coalition Meetings: 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. Register here.
- February 14
- March 14
- April 11
- August 8
- September 12
- November 14
We will schedule and hold coalition meetings for our current Active Living and Cross-Cutting priorities as needs arise.